Welcome to My Blog

I am posting research and art that I have been doing recently. Feel free to leave comments. I hope you enjoy the site.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lakota-Sioux Winter Counts Calendar

This is a Winter Counts Calendar of my life. I picked the most important event of each year of my life and drew a symbol to represent it. The first year was the house. We moved from one house to another. The second year I learned to talk, so I drew a mouth. The third year I learned to read. The next year we adopted my sister, Addie. After that I joined the swim team. Then I wrote my first book Trapped. The next year I learned to ride horses with my friend, Carol. This year I joined the Angel Chorus at church. 

1 comment:

  1. Can I use your image as an example? I am teaching a Winter Count lesson at a tribal school. Let me know so I can give you e-mail addy to send the image to.

    ReplyDelete