Welcome to My Blog

I am posting research and art that I have been doing recently. Feel free to leave comments. I hope you enjoy the site.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Zoo Break-Out

This is a math problem I wrote for my mother to solve. It was too hard for me,but I didn't have any problem writing it. I tried to write one too hard for my mom, but it was pretty easy for her. Maybe if I would have accounted for acceleration time it would have been too hard for her. If you would like to, try to solve it and leave your answer in a comment. Have fun solving!

A 2.2 meter long zebra, named Stripes, breaks out of her pen, when she’s getting fed. The zoo-keeper just happens to be on a racing bike. Stripes got a 3 meter head-start and is running 40 mph. The zoo-keeper has to get in front of Stripes to catch her. The zoo-keeper is biking 45 mph. Will the zoo-keeper ever catch her? If the zoo-keeper does, how long will it take in seconds? When you’re done convert the seconds to minutes.

P.S. Don’t worry about acceleration time. There is none in this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment