Welcome to My Blog

I am posting research and art that I have been doing recently. Feel free to leave comments. I hope you enjoy the site.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Geodesic Dome


R.Buckminster Fuller was a great engineer and inventor. He did a lot of work with geodesic domes, but he didn't invent them. Geodesic domes are domes made out of triangles. Triangles are very strong, so they hold up well under pressure unlike squares that tilt under pressure. I made mine out of toothpicks and clay. It is strong enough to hold a banana, but only for a little while before collapsing. I suggest you make one. It is a lot of fun. Happy building. 

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic!

    I think you might like to see a rendering of a new kind of geodesic dome. Intuitive. Cones. Parasols....

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/8152259@N03/3319186149/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot. This is my blog, all about really good but really inexpensive house.

    http://randome.info/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a wonderful writer and a very beautiful girl. It was fun to read your blog. You will grow up to be a great writer.

    ReplyDelete