Welcome to My Blog

I am posting research and art that I have been doing recently. Feel free to leave comments. I hope you enjoy the site.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Racing Mix Up.

      Well first of all I want to say sorry for not posting for a while. Ok here what I wanted to post. I made up another math problem for mom to solve. See if you can can figure it out like she did. It took her a while but she figered it out. Heres the math problem.

     There are 2 race  cars one called The Mystery and the other called The Speeder. The Mystery can go 305 miles per hour and The Speeder can go 350 miles per hour. When The Mystery goes its top speed it runs out of gas every 3 hours. When The Speeder is going its top speed it rus out of gas every 2 2/3 hours. If The Mystery start at the same time each going 3/5 of their full speed how long will it take for each of them to run out of gas? Wich one will run out of gas first and also how far on the strait,smoth,flat track will they get before running out of gas?

     Hint. The gas milage does not change because of reduceing speed.

     Leave a comment if you have any questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment